Baked Président Brie with Shaved Prosciutto, Fig & Honey Jam
Forget the fireplace – warm up your next winter gathering with this rustic baked Brie starter wrapped in prosciutto.
Prep Time5 min
- 8 oz Président Brie Round
- 5 slices prosciutto
- 1 package puff pastry store bought
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup fresh figs quartered
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lay the prosciutto down, then wrap around the Président Brie round.
- Wrap the puff pastry around the prosciutto-wrapped Brie, and bake at 425°F for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, cook the honey, figs and cracked black pepper for 10-12 minutes.
- Cut out one wedge of the baked Brie pastry, and top with a scoop of the fig marmalade. Serve with a spoon, as the delicious hot Brie will ooze out!
Chef Gavin Kaysen is executive chef and owner of Spoon and Stable Restaurant in Minneapolis, a 2015 James Beard Award Finalist for Best New Restaurant. Prior to opening Spoon and Stable, Chef Kaysen was chef de cuisine at Café Boulud in New York City, where he was the 2008 recipient of the James Beard Foundation’s coveted Rising Star Award. Under his leadership, the restaurant was also awarded a star by the prestigious Michelin Guide.Learn more about Gavin Kaysen