Gourmet Spreadable Cheese & Chicken Caesar Salad
A twist on a classic Caesar salad, rondelé Peppercorn & Parmesan Gourmet Spreadable Cheese adds a boost of creamy decadence. Romaine leaves are brushed with a generous layer of the spreadable cheese, topped with grilled chicken and drizzled with a sweet balsamic reduction.
Prep Time60 min
Cook Time25 min
- 8 oz Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
- Sea salt
- Ground Black Pepper fresh
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Caesar Dressing prepared
- 2 Romaine Hearts
- 8 oz rondelé® by Président® Peppercorn Parmesan Gourmet Spreadable Cheese
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Toss the chicken in a bowl with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken breasts 3-4 minutes per side until done.
- Cool slightly and dice into 1/4" cubes. Chill.
- Heat vinegar and brown sugar in a non-reactive saucepan over medium high heat until reduced by 3/4 of its original volume, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Chill balsamic reduction for 40 minutes.
- Toss chicken with the dressing and one cup of Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Remove 12 inner romaine leaves from the hearts, using just the smaller 6" leaves (reserve the outer leaves for another dish). Wash the inner leaves, stuff each romaine leaf with 2 tablespoons rondelé® by Président® Peppercorn Parmesan Gourmet Spreadable Cheese.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto stuffed romaine leaves. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Can be prepared up to this point and stored, tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour prior to serving.
- To serve, drizzle the balsamic reduction on each plate or on the platter and then place the stuffed romaine leaves on top. Serve chilled.