Grilled Strawberry and rondelé® by Président® Crostini
This summer, turn up the heat on your appetizer game! Take to the grill and add the smoke, sizzle and sear to your favorite snacks. This Grilled Strawberry and rondelé® by Président® Crostini is a deliciously unexpected twist on one of the summer’s most classic ingredients: strawberries! Featuring rondelé® by Président® Garlic and Herbs Gourmet Spreadable Cheese, these delicious bites are packed with flavor.
Recipe created by Jamie Preuss of So Happy You Liked It.
- 1 package rondelé by Président Garlic and Herbs Gourmet Spreadable Cheese
- 1 baguette cut into 1/2 inch slides
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
Assembling The Crostini
- Slice baguette into even portions. Brush baguette sleeves with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and a few twists of freshly cracked pepper. Grill slices over medium heat until lightly charred, about 90 seconds per side.
- Meanwhile, prepare the strawberries. Wash, de-stem, and slice strawberries in half or in quarters if berries are large. Toss berries with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, sprinkle lightly with salt, and transfer to a grill basket.
- Grill berries at about 400 degrees, stirring every so often until jammy, about 10 minutes. Remove from basket, transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- To serve, spread rondelé® by Président® Garlic and Herbs Gourmet Spreadable Cheese on each baguette slice and top with grilled strawberries. Top with chopped basil.
Jamie is the voice, author, and creator of the food and lifestyle blog, So Happy You Liked It. Focused on balance, her website provides helpful tips, nutritious recipes (with the occasional indulgence), and an authentic inflection in her writing. When not creating in the kitchen, you can find her teaching cycling, entertaining, or planning her next adventure.