Nutty Président Manchego is baked to crispy perfection and then topped with Brie, Serrano ham, quince paste and almonds in this sweet and savory treat.
Prep Time8 min
Cook Time20 min
- 5.2 oz Président Manchego rind removed
- Coarse black pepper
- 4 oz Président Brie (optional)
- 1/4 lb Serrano ham
- 2 oz quince paste
- 1/4 cup Marcona almonds chopped
- Note: Manchego Crisps can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Coarsely grate the Président Manchego.
- Pour a tablespoon of the grated Manchego onto baking sheet. Pat into a thin round (about 2 1/2-inches in diameter). Sprinkle generously with black pepper. Repeat with remaining cheese, making sure to leave about an inch between each round.
- Bake for 8 minutes until the cheese turns a deep golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then loosen and place on a wire cooling rack.
- Tear the Serrano ham into 2-inch pieces. Slice Brie into 1-inch slices, cut the quince paste into very small cubes, and chop the Marcona almonds.
- Top each Manchego Crisp with a slice of Brie, a couple pieces of Serrano ham, a few quince cubes, and a sprinkling of chopped almonds. Serve immediately.
Serena is the storyteller, photographer and Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef behind Domesticate Me. Since graduating from culinary school in 2011, Serena has actively pursued her passion for food in Manhattan as a private chef, food writer, freelance recipe developer and blogger. She’s happiest in her kitchen, developing delicious, healthy and accessible recipes that inspire others. Serena aims to make cooking and entertaining as fun and painless as possible for her readers, regardless of their culinary experience.