Grilled Strawberry and rondelé® by Président® Crostini
This summer, turn up the heat on your appetizer game! Take to the grill and add the smoke, sizzle and sear to your favorite snacks. This Grilled Strawberry and rondelé® by Président® Crostini is a deliciously unexpected twist on one of the summer’s most classic ingredients: strawberries! Featuring rondelé® by Président® Garlic and Herbs Gourmet Spreadable Cheese, these delicious bites are packed with flavor.
How To Grill Strawberries
It’s an unlikely way to cook the juicy berries, but grilling strawberries imparts a light smoky flavor. While they’re delicious served sweet, we encourage you to try them savory.
- Wash, de-stem, and slice strawberries into quarters. Toss lightly with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Add to a grill pan and place on a preheated grill.
- Stir every so often until they’re jammy, slightly charred, and fragrant.
That’s it! You won’t believe how simple and delicious strawberries are when grilled until you taste them yourself.
Assembling The Crostini
Crostini may sound a little intimidating but simply put, they are thin slices of toasted bread brushed with olive oil. Their common cousin, bruschetta, is made by using the same method to make crostini, except bruschetta is finished with rubbing a garlic clove directly on the toasted bread. Both are equally delicious!
The real star of the show in this fabulous summer appetizer is the rondelé® by Président® Garlic and Herbs Gourmet Spreadable Cheese. This spreadable cheese is flavorful with the perfect combination of garlic and herbs. Without being too overpowering, it’s the perfect complimentary flavor to offset the sweetness from the grilled strawberries. Finally, top with a sprinkle of basil for the last touch that makes it almost too pretty to eat.
This Grilled Strawberry and rondelé® by Président® Crostini is the ideal summertime snack to enjoy in the sunshine with sparkling lemon water or a crisp glass of rosé.
1 package of rondelé® by Président® Garlic and Herbs Gourmet Spreadable Cheese
1 baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
2 Tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
3 cups strawberries, sliced
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Slice baguette into even portions. Brush baguette sleeves with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and a few twists of freshly cracked pepper. Grill slices over medium heat until lightly charred, about 90 seconds per side.
- Meanwhile, prepare the strawberries. Wash, de-stem, and slice strawberries in half or in quarters if berries are large. Toss berries with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, sprinkle lightly with salt, and transfer to a grill basket.
- Grill berries at about 400 degrees, stirring every so often until jammy, about 10 minutes. Remove from basket, transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- To serve, spread rondelé® by Président® Garlic and Herbs Gourmet Spreadable Cheese on each baguette slice and top with grilled strawberries. Top with chopped basil.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Jamie is the voice, author, and creator of the food and lifestyle blog, So Happy You Liked It. Focused on balance, her website provides helpful tips, nutritious recipes (with the occasional indulgence), and an authentic inflection in her writing. When not creating in the kitchen, you can find her teaching cycling, entertaining, or planning her next adventure.