Grilled Feta with Warm Pepita Salsa
A unique blend of flavors are packed into this simple dish. The toasty pepitas are balanced with a hint of spice and garlic, creating a warm, Spanish-inspired salsa. Rich, creamy Président Feta Chunk provides more depth and it’s all rounded out with the crunch of tortilla chips. Invite your friends over for a fiesta this weekend!
Prep Time30 min
Cook Time30 min
- 16 oz Président® Feta Chunk
- Olive Oil Spray
- 3/4 cup Pepitas
- 1 cup Tomatillos peeled
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves
- 3 Garlic Cloves peeled
- 1 Jalapeño Chili
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spread pepitas out on a sheet pan and bake, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until toasted and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place pepitas, tomatillos, garlic, cilantro, chili and half of broth in food processor. Process until it is a slightly chunky puree, adding more broth if necessary.
- Heat a deep-sided sauce pan over high heat and add the oil.
- Carefully pour salsa mixture into hot pan, stirring to prevent spattering.
- Turn heat to medium and add remaining broth and salt.
- Cook, stirring for about 15-20 minutes until thick and fragrant.
- Use immediately or cool and store refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
- Slice feta into thick slices. Heat grill pan, or grill.
- Spray both sides of cheese slices with spray and quickly sear the cheese on both sides.
- Serve immediately with the warm salsa and tortilla chips.