Président® Feta Chickpea & Kale Skillet
Make your get-togethers even warmer with our Président® Feta, Kale & Chickpea Skillet. A fresh, flavorful fare sure to entice your taste buds.
Prep Time10 min
Cook Time25 min
- 1 package Président® Feta Crumbles, or Président® Feta Chunk cut into 3 to 4 ½-inch planks
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 5 cup Kale, stems removed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cup Tomato Sauce, or Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup Canned Chickpeas, drained and rinsed (pan fry/roast for extra nuttiness flavor)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice, plus wedges for serving
- 2-3 tbsp Water (can omit)
- pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- pinch Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- 4-5 Pieces of Pita Bread, or Baguette (warmed)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Heat a 10 to 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat, and add oil. Add the cumin seeds, and sizzle gently for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the kale in batches, letting each handful shrink and wilt before adding the next.
- Add the tomato sauce, chickpeas, lemon juice, and water. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Nestle the Président® Feta Crumbles or Président® Feta Chunk slices into the sauce. Sprinkle with ground pepper.
- Place skillet into the oven and bake until the feta has softened, about 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with oil and red pepper flakes. Serve with warm pita bread or sliced baguette and lemon wedges.