Président Feta Crumbles Chicken Schnitzel with Lemon & Capers
This German staple gets the Mediterranean treatment, topped with tangy Président Feta Crumbles.
Prep Time10 min
Cook Time15 min
- 6 oz package Président Feta Crumbles
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs for egg wash
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Flour for coating
- 2 shallots minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp capers
- Pound the chicken breasts to a very thin cut, coat in flour, then dip in egg wash and panko breadcrumbs.
- Place the coated chicken breasts in a hot sauté pan. Cook for 3 minutes on one side until golden brown, then flip and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Add the shallot, garlic, capers and lemon juice. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the capers mixture on top of the chicken. Top with Président Feta Crumbles and parsley.
Chef Gavin Kaysen is executive chef and owner of two nationally recognized restaurants, Spoon and Stable in Minneapolis and Bellecour in Wayzata, Minnesota. He’s earned many of the culinary industry’s top honors, most recently winning the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest in 2018. Chef Kaysen serves as Team USA’s Vice President for the Bocuse D’or, the world-renowned culinary competition, in which the team took victory in 2017. Prior to opening his restaurants, he was chef de cuisine at Café Boulud in New York City, where he was the 2008 recipient of the James Beard Rising Star Award, and helped the restaurant earn a star from the illustrious Michelin Guide. Chef Kaysen has brought his renowned expertise to his partnership with Président Cheese since 2015.Learn more about Gavin Kaysen