Président Feta Crumbles Stuffed Peppers with Rice, Orange & Oregano
Kick off your next gathering with these risotto-stuffed peppers that highlight the fresh taste of Président Feta.
Prep Time30 min
Cook Time10 min
Saffron Risotto Ingredients
- 2 cup Arborio or carnaroli rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 piquillo peppers
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch saffron
Saffron Risotto Directions
- Simmer the vegetable stock with saffron.
- On medium heat, sweat the onion with no color for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, and toast for 1 minute. Then add the white wine.
- Slowly add stock to the rice, ladle by ladle, stirring continuously.
- After 10-12 minutes, the rice should be al dente but not mushy.
- Mount with the butter and cheese, and check for seasoning.
- Chill the risotto in the refrigerator.
Stuffed Pepper Ingredients
- 6 oz package Président Feta Crumbles
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves freshly shaved
- 1 onion julienned
- 15 heirloom or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 bunches kale
- Chili flakes
Stuffed Pepper Directions
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Drain and remove the seeds from the piquillos, then spoon in about 1 tablespoon saffron risotto into each pepper.
- In a cast-iron skillet, warm the onion, garlic and chili in the olive oil on medium for 2-3 minutes, until toasted.
- Add the tomatoes, kale and stuffed piquillo peppers. Cook on the stovetop for about 7 minutes.
- Add the white wine to deglaze and cook until dry.
- Place the mixture in the 400°F oven for 8-10 minutes, until the vegetables have softened and the rice is warm.
If you can't find Arborio or carnaroli rice, jasmine rice can work as a substitute.
Chef Gavin Kaysen is executive chef and owner of two nationally recognized restaurants, Spoon and Stable in Minneapolis and Bellecour in Wayzata, Minnesota. He’s earned many of the culinary industry’s top honors, most recently winning the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest in 2018. Chef Kaysen serves as Team USA’s Vice President for the Bocuse D’or, the world-renowned culinary competition, in which the team took victory in 2017. Prior to opening his restaurants, he was chef de cuisine at Café Boulud in New York City, where he was the 2008 recipient of the James Beard Rising Star Award, and helped the restaurant earn a star from the illustrious Michelin Guide. Chef Kaysen has brought his renowned expertise to his partnership with Président Cheese since 2015.Learn more about Gavin Kaysen