Salad Tartine with Bacon & Egg
A tartine is a traditional French open-faced sandwich. We’ve layered this one with a fried egg, bacon, spicy arugula and rich Président Feta. Serve with a mimosa and you have yourself a fancy brunch celebration!
Prep Time25 min
Cook Time10 min
Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Thick Slice of Sourdough Bread
- 2 oz Président® Feta Crumbles
- 3 Strips Bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Arugula
- 1 tbsp Tarragon Vinaigrette
Vinaigrette Dressing Directions
- In a small nonreactive bowl, add vinegar, mustard, shallot, tarragon and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour in olive oil and whisk to emulsify.
- 1 tbsp Fresh Shallot minced
- 4 tsp Champagne Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Fresh Tarragon minced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast sourdough bread until slightly browned and crispy.
- In a small bowl, toss arugula with tarragon vinaigrette until coated.
- Top sourdough bread with arugula, then sprinkle with bacon and Président Valbreso Feta cheese.
- Heat a small, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook egg until whites are set and edges begin to curl. At this point, the yolk will still be slightly runny.
- Place egg atop tartine and serve warm.
Fruit Plate Ingredients
- Strawberries whole
- Peaches sliced
- Président Feta Crumbles
Fruit Plate Directions
- Slice peaches (or your favorite fruit) and place on cheese plate with whole strawberries.
- Place Président regular feta chunk plain alongside fruit, and pair small bites of each.
Jillian and Robert
Jillian and Robert first met in photography school. After reconnecting a couple of years later, they discovered their mutual love of food. Robert cooked while Jillian took pictures, and soon enough A Better Happier St. Sebastian came to life. Drawing inspiration from their families, New American cooking and everything in between, they spend a lot of time happily working on recipes and collaborating in the kitchen. They currently live in Philadelphia with their rescue pup, Daisy.