Baked Brie & Fresh Grape Leaves
Fresh grape leaves and shiso herbs highlight the warm and creamy indulgence of our baked Président® Brie.
Prep Time5 min
Cook Time10 min
- 1 9oz package Président Brie round
- 3 whole fresh grape leaves, or 1 jar of grape leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 10 whole red grapes
- 10 whole green grapes
- 1 tbsp Shiso
- Lay two cuts of butcher’s twine in cross pattern, each about 20” long.
- Place grape leaves atop twine, overlapping.
- Place Président Brie round on top of grape leaves. Fold grape leaves over top of Brie round, covering it entirely. Tie butcher’s twine to hold in place.
- Bake at 375°F until warm, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- While Brie is baking, quarter grapes lengthwise.
- Mix grapes, shiso and walnuts in small bowl. Toss to combine.
- Top leaf-wrapped Brie with grapes, shiso and walnuts.
- Slice in wedges and serve.
Explore The Pairing
A staple in Mediterranean cuisine, grape leaves are either picked fresh from grapevines or bought canned or jarred. These dark green vegetables are rich in vitamins and essential nutrients, and are considered a Greek delicacy.
If you’re using bottled leaves, rinse them off before use and remove some of the excess sodium.
Dating back to 7000 B.C., walnuts are the oldest tree food in our known history. Their nutty flavor is mild, yet complex, which balances really well with sweet ingredients. Walnuts are commonly served as pairings for wines and soft cheeses.