Creamy Skillet Mac & Cheese
Smooth, buttery Président Brie combined with the sharp bite of Manchego creates an ultra-creamy sauce. Dijon mustard and ground ginger cut through the creaminess and it’s all topped off with a crunchy, cracker-crumbling.
Prep Time20 min
Cook Time25 min
- 1 lb Medium Pasta Shells
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter softened
- 2 1/2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Minced Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 8 oz Président Brie Round rind removed
- 5.2 oz Président Manchego grated and rind removed
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 - 1 cup Chicken Stock warmed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 10 Buttered Crackers crushed
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter melted and cooled
- 2 tsp Minced Thyme
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add a small handful of salt and the shells, and stir.
- Bring the water back up to a boil and cook shells for 7 to 9 minutes or until al dente (soft with a slight bite), stirring occasionally. Strain shells and set aside until ready to use.
- Place a 10-inch skillet over medium heat and melt butter. Sprinkle flour into skillet and stir until well combined and the raw flour taste disappears (2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in milk and cream and continue to stir until no lumps remain. Lower heat to medium-low and allow mixture to thicken enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Stir in mustard, thyme and ginger until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, toss cheeses and lemon juice together. Begin whisking cheeses into the skillet and continue to whisk until all the cheese has been added and mixture is thick and smooth.
- Add warmed chicken stock and stir together until smooth. Fold in the cooked and cooled shells until just combined and adjust seasonings.
- Heat broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, toss together crushed crackers, butter and thyme until well combined.
- Top the mac and cheese-filled skillet with the buttered cracker mix and place under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until the shells slightly caramelize and the cheese sauce becomes hot and bubbly. You can also transfer the mixture into individually sized buttered skillets and top with the cracker mixture before placing under the broiler.
- Allow the mac and cheese to sit and cool for 5 to 7 minutes before serving.
Président® Don Bernardo® Manchego Viejo Wedge
Complex flavors packed into convenient, simple wedges.Learn More
Teri Lyn & Jenny
Spoon Fork Bacon
Teri Lyn is a food and interiors photographer and Jenny is a food stylist. They both live in Los Angeles and launched Spoon Fork Bacon about three years ago. With their 100% original recipes, sublime photography and minimalistic approach to design and styling, Teri Lyn and Jenny to bring a playful approach to food.