Président Brie Round & Harissa Marinade
Let the aromatic Harissa chili paste spice up our creamy and buttery Président Brie with this perfect winter sharable plate.
Prep Time5 min
Cook Time24 min
- 1 8oz package Président Brie round
- 1 package jar harissa paste
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds
- 3-4 whole raw green almonds (optional)
- 3 whole dried dates
- 1 package flaxseed crackers
- 1Marinate Brie in harissa paste for 24 hours.
- 2Halve dates and place on Brie.
- 3Decorate with whole Marcona almonds.
- 4Slice and place raw green almonds on Brie.
- 5Slice into wedges and serve on flaxseed crackers.
Explore The Pairing
Mentioned more than 50 times in the Bible, dates are a fruit filled with historical importance. Originating in the Middle East, these amber-colored fruits have a caramel-like texture and feature a distinctive rich and sweet flavor.
For the best flavor, select dates that are shiny, uniform in color, and not broken.
A shorter, rounder and sweet kernel separates the Marcona almond from other almonds. Its origins are unknown, but Marcona almonds have strong ties to Spanish cooking, traditionally prepared by lightly frying in oil.