Président Butter Lavender Blackberry Scones
Buttery and flaky, moist and soft inside, crumbly on the edges. These scones are bursting with juicy blackberries and white chocolate chunks and have a light drizzle of white chocolate infused with aromatic lavender extract.
Prep Time20 min
Cook Time20 min
For the Scones
- 12 tbsp Président Unsalted Butter, shredded (just like cheese)
- 2 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Cold Cream, plus more for brushing
- 1 whole Egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh or Frozen Blackberries (no need to thaw, if frozen)
- 1/2-1 cup White Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Freeze the butter for 10-15 minutes, then shred on a box grater, just as you would cheese. Lightly separate, keep the butter cold.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add the butter and toss with the flour. Add the cream and egg. Mix until just combined. Fold in the blackberries and white chocolate chips. Some of the berries will burst and that’s the way it should be.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Pat into a 1-inch thick circle and cut the dough into 8 large triangles. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with cream. Transfer to the oven and bake until slightly golden, 20-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the lavender glaze by mixing the melted white chocolate with lavender extract. Drizzle the glaze over the scones.
For the Lavender Glaze
- 2 cup Melted White Chocolate
- 1/2 tsp Lavender Extract
My name is Annie Siegfried. I’m a dietitian, food writer and photographer. The recipes I make are inspired by the people I love most and places I visit. As a dietitian, I’m a big supporter of intuitive eating and am against restrictive diets. I love creating gourmet recipes that are nourishing for the body and the soul.