Honey Buttercream Ingredients
- 12 oz Président Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 11/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
Honey Buttercream Method
- Beat the Président butter for a few minutes on high until fluffy, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Beat in the salt until the mixture if smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Stream in the honey, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Once all the ingredients are incorporated, beat the mixture on high speed for 1-2 minutes until it is fluffy.
- 1 cup Président Unsalted Butter softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Cream the Président butter, peanut butter and sugars together with an electric mixer in a bowl; then beat in the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture. Put the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.
Chef Gavin Kaysen is executive chef and owner of two nationally recognized restaurants, Spoon and Stable in Minneapolis and Bellecour in Wayzata, Minnesota. He’s earned many of the culinary industry’s top honors, most recently winning the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest in 2018. Chef Kaysen serves as Team USA’s Vice President for the Bocuse D’or, the world-renowned culinary competition, in which the team took victory in 2017. Prior to opening his restaurants, he was chef de cuisine at Café Boulud in New York City, where he was the 2008 recipient of the James Beard Rising Star Award, and helped the restaurant earn a star from the illustrious Michelin Guide. Chef Kaysen has brought his renowned expertise to his partnership with Président Cheese since 2015.Learn more about Gavin Kaysen