Bacon Macaroni & Pub Cheese® by Président®
The ultimate Bacon Macaroni & Cheese recipe! Large elbow macaroni is tossed with a rich and smoke cheese sauce featuring Pub Cheese® by Président® Cheddar & Bacon and layered with shredded cheddar and crunchy bacon.
Prep Time20 min
Cook Time25 min
- 1 lb large elbow macaroni
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 oz Pub Cheese by Président Cheddar & Bacon
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. As pasta cooks, begin cheese sauce.
- In a large sauté pan, fry 6 slices of bacon. Once bacon is crispy, remove from pan to a paper towel lined plate. Remove 1 tablespoon of reserved grease, adding to a medium bowl.
- Add panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese to bowl with grease, toss to combine. Set aside.
- In pan with reserved grease, stir in flour. Using a whisk, add milk until mixture is combined. Add Pub Cheese Cheddar & Bacon, whisking until cheese is smooth. Add 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheese, again stirring until mixture is completely melted.
- Add cooked and drained pasta. Toss with sauce until entirely combined.
- In a 9 inch baking dish, add half of the macaroni and cheese. Top with crumbled bacon and reserved ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Top with remaining macaroni and cheese, and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Serve warm!
Jamie is a the voice and eye behind the camera of the food and lifestyle blog, So Happy You Liked It. She believes that food doesn’t need to be fussy or complicated: it should be fun! Focusing on simple entertaining tips, scrumptious well rounded recipes, and educational tidbits, she inspires her readers to lead a life of balance.