Pub Cheese®, Caramelized Onion, Bacon, and Mushroom Crostini
Don’t let this tiny, open-faced crostini trick you. It is packed with flavor from caramelized onion, crispy bacon, and Pub Cheese by Président®. It’s a simple but satisfying appetizer that is sure to impress everyone at your next gathering.
Prep Time5 min
Cook Time25 min
- 8 oz Pub Cheese by Président® Sharp Cheddar
- 1 whole French Baguette
- 12 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 2 whole Garlic Cloves minced
- 3-4 whole Slices of Bacon cut into pieces
- 1 whole Garlic Clove
- 1 whole Large Yellow Onion
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Each of Salt and Pepper
- 1 pinch Fresh Thyme for garnish
- Peel and slice the onion into thin strips in a large skillet, add the butter and onions together. Cook over low-medium heat for about 20 minutes, string frequently until golden and caramelized.
- While the onions are cooking, slice the French baguette into thin slices and drizzle with olive oil. Bake on broil in the oven for a few minutes on each side until toasty and golden. Rub each side with fresh garlic clove. Set aside.
- Once the onions have caramelized, remove from the skillet and add the bacon pieces. Cook until brown and crispy. (No need to reserve the bacon grease.) Remove the bacon and add the mushrooms, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until fragrant and the edges of the mushrooms are charred.
- Assemble the crostini with a slice of roasted baguette, spread a thin layer of Président® Pub Cheese, top with caramelized onions, mushrooms and bacon pieces. Garnish with fresh thyme.
Patricia’s best childhood memories were spent in the kitchen learning how to bake and cook from her mom. She created Bake Cook Repeat to share simple and delicious recipes that anyone can follow. Her goal is to inspire everyone to get in the kitchen but most importantly, have fun!