Rondelé® Garlic Herb Knots
Extra soft and fluffy made from scratch with just a few ingredients. The dough is spread with herby cheese spread and braided into knots.
Prep Time15 min
Cook Time20 min
- 1 package Rondelé Garlic & Herbs
- 1 cup Milk, warmed to the touch (NOT HOT)
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Quick-rise Instant Yeast
- 1 whole Egg, lightly whisked
- 3 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Heat oven to 200°F.
- Combine the warm milk together with the melted butter, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Allow to stand for 10 minutes, until frothy.
- Add the whisked egg to the milk mixture. Add in 3 cups flour and salt (one cup at a time, mixing and adding more), until a soft dough forms (this can also be done in a stand mixer if you have one). Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 2 minutes).
- Lightly coat a large bowl with cooking oil spray and transfer the ball of dough to the bowl. Cover with a damp towel. TURN the preheated OVEN OFF and transfer the bowl of dough to the warm oven. This helps the dough rise quickly. Allow to rise for 30 minutes. Punch dough down; cover and let rest for an additional 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface, into a rectangle. Spread the Rondelé Garlic & Herb all over the surface of the dough, and starting from the longer side fold the dough twice, so there are 3 equal layers. Cut into 2 inch rectangles (around 8-10), and cut each rectangle in length into 3 parts so you can braid and turn those into knots.
- Arrange the knots in a lightly greased muffin pan. Cover with the damp towel and allow to rise for a further 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- While rising, preheat oven to 350°F. Uncover knots; bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Highly recommended to enjoy it warm
My name is Annie Siegfried. I’m a dietitian, food writer and photographer. The recipes I make are inspired by the people I love most and places I visit. As a dietitian, I’m a big supporter of intuitive eating and am against restrictive diets. I love creating gourmet recipes that are nourishing for the body and the soul.