rondelé by Président Crêpes with Caramelized Onions and Herbs
Our modern take on this French classic features the creamy deliciousness of rondelé, and is a great savory addition to any brunch.
Prep Time35 min
Cook Time45 min
Crêpe Batter Ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 oz powdered sugar
- 22 oz milk
Crêpe Batter Directions
- Combine the eggs, yolks and milk in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and powdered sugar. Slowly whisk in the egg-and-milk mixture in 4 or 5 editions to avoid lumps.
- Strain the batter to remove any lumps and reserve the batter overnight.
- 1 package rondelé by Président, Garlic and Herbs
- 2 cup onion julienned
- 1 bunch chives chopped
- 1 bunch oregano
- 1 bunch parsley
Crêpe Cooking Directions
- Add about 3 tbsp. of the batter to the pan and swirl to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the bottom of the crêpe is golden (about 1-2 minutes). Then loosen the crêpe's edges with a spatula, flip it and cook for another minute.
Chef Gavin Kaysen is executive chef and owner of two nationally recognized restaurants, Spoon and Stable in Minneapolis and Bellecour in Wayzata, Minnesota. He’s earned many of the culinary industry’s top honors, most recently winning the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest in 2018. Chef Kaysen serves as Team USA’s Vice President for the Bocuse D’or, the world-renowned culinary competition, in which the team took victory in 2017. Prior to opening his restaurants, he was chef de cuisine at Café Boulud in New York City, where he was the 2008 recipient of the James Beard Rising Star Award, and helped the restaurant earn a star from the illustrious Michelin Guide. Chef Kaysen has brought his renowned expertise to his partnership with Président Cheese since 2015.Learn more about Gavin Kaysen