Beef Roulade with Feta Stuffing
Roulades are traditional French filled, rolled pastry or meat dishes. A blend of Feta, panko crumbs, sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary is layered on beef that has been pounded down for ample rolling. Once rolled, the roulade is browned in a pan and finished in the oven with a sweet Marsala wine sauce.
Prep Time10 min
Cook Time60 min
- 12 oz Top Round Beef pounded
- 3 oz Président® Feta Plain Crumbled
- 1 oz Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Rosemary chopped fine
- 1 oz Re-hydrated Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup Sweet Marsala Wine
- 1 Butter
- 1 Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound beef top round with a mallet to thin and tenderize it.
- Combine feta cheese, panko, rosemary, sun-dried tomatoes, and half of the Marsala wine.
- Mix until all ingredients form a firm stuffing. Lay stuffing at one end of the beef.
- Roll the beef and fasten with butcher’s twine or tooth picks.
- Heat an oven-safe sauté pan on medium high heat. Add vegetable oil. Place beef roulade in pan and brown on all sides.
- Add ¼ cup water. Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place roulade aside.
- Put the sauté pan on medium heat. Add the rest of the Marsala wine and 1 tablespoon butter. Stir until sauce comes together.
- Remove twine or toothpicks from roulade.
- Slice roulade into 2 inch thick slices and finish with pan sauce.