Feta & Tomato Tart
Ideal as an appetizer or to share at brunch, this dish is a balance of creamy and savory. Président Feta Crumbles provide a rich, salty note that pairs well with the acidity of tomatoes and peppers. Layers of flavors are packed into a flakey pastry crust for a delicious combination of taste and texture.
Prep Time20 min
Cook Time35 min
- 9 in Pastry Shell uncooked
- 3 Tomato peeled
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 6 oz Président® Feta Plain Crumbled
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Green Pepper chopped
- 1/4 Basil chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Arrange half of tomato slices in pastry shell.
- Combine mayonnaise, Feta, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and basil, stirring well.
- Spread half of mixture over tomato slices. Repeat layers with remaining tomatoes and mayonnaise mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.