Baked Président® Brie En Croute With Cranberries
Create new traditions with loved ones this year and make this deliciously festive Baked Président Brie En Croute with Cranberries.
Recipe created by Esra Mese of Charmer Kitchen
Prep Time30 min
Cook Time20 min
- 8 oz Président Brie Round
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 cup walnut, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- Freshly squeezed juice of one lemon
- Defrost the frozen puff pastry in advance (preferably in the fridge, overnight). This way the pastry will be pliable without softening it too much. Unfold the pastry only when it is fully thawed.
- For the cranberry sauce: Pour the cranberry juice and the sugar in a small pan over medium heat. Stir it until it boils. Then, add a cup of fresh cranberries. Cook the fresh cranberries for 3-4 minutes. Finally, add the lemon juice and lemon zest in the sauce, then set aside and allow it to cool.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet. Flour the work surface with a small amount. Unwrap and place the puff pastry sheet on the flour. Roll out the puff pastry into a circle (you can cut the corners). Start with a well-floured surface so the pastry doesn’t stick.
- Cut the brie round by half to have 2 layers. Place one of the brie layer in the middle of the rolled pastry. Then, put the cranberry sauce on top of the first layer. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts. Finally, put the second layer on top of the sauce.
- Beat 1 egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water. This will stick the pastry sheet as you wrap the brie round.
- Fold the pastry onto the brie. Brush the egg wash underneath any pastry surface touching each other. This will keep all the melted cheese inside the package as it bakes. Finally, flip the wrap to have folded side to the bottom, and then brush the top with egg wash. You may decorate the top with the left-over pastry sheet.
- Place it in the fridge uncovered for 20 minutes and then preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the brie for 18-20 minutes. It should be golden color. Serve with leftover cranberry sauce.
Esra Mese is an Architect and mother to two beautiful kids. When she’s off the clock, she enjoys spending her time cooking and baking. Lately, she has discovered a passion for food photography and food styling which has led to the launch of Charmer Kitchen. She loves challenging herself by trying different recipes and learning new things.