Brie en Croute with Shallots & Tarragon
Whether enjoying an intimate brunch with your closest friends or mingling around the appetizer table at the holiday party, this recipe is sure to satisfy any palate. Packed inside a flakey pastry, the Président Brie Log is gooey and warm. Tarragon and mustard provide sophisticated flavor notes to top off this savory dish. Bon appetite!
Cook Time20 min
- 2 tsp Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
- 1 cup Shallot diced
- Salt and Pepper
- Tarragon chopped
- Dijon Mustard
- 6 oz Président® Brie Log
- 1 Egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In medium sauté pan heat oil and sauté shallots until golden brown, stirring often to keep from burning, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- Let cool about 5 minutes, then add tarragon and mustard.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or nonstick foil and place pastry on it. Place Brie log on pastry, about one inch from edge.
- Cover brie with shallot mixture and roll up in pastry tightly. Trim any excess pastry and seal edge tightly. Pinch ends to seal.
- Use any remaining pastry to cut out decorative shapes and use egg wash to paste them on top of log.
- Brush egg wash over entire log.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until puffed and golden.