Brie en Croute with Shitake Mushrooms
The perfect blend of rich earthiness wrapped in a flakey crust. Shiitake mushrooms are sautéed with tarragon and garlic and sandwiched between layers of Président® Brie.
Prep Time20 min
Cook Time30 min
- 16 oz Président® Brie (8oz to 19.6oz Brie can also be used)
- 4 Shitake Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- 1/2 tsp Tarragon
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped fine
- 6 Phyllo Sheets thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute mushrooms with tarragon, garlic in 1 tbs of butter until the mushrooms are dry. Cool the mixture.
- Slice the wheel in half. Spread the mushroom mix on the bottom layer and the top with the other Brie half.
- Layout one sheet of the phyllo and brush with melted butter. Stack another sheet on top and brush with melted butter.
- Repeat until all six sheets have been used.
- Place the brie in the center and gently press the phyllo around the brie, gather the top to form a ruffle and brush with melted butter.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake until the pastry is golden.
- Rest the pastry for 20 minutes before serving.