Président Brie Stuffed Pork Chop with Caramelized Apples & Toasted Walnuts
Savory, oozing Président Brie takes your pork chop game up to the next level.
Prep Time10 min
Cook Time15 min
- 8 oz Président Brie cut into slices
- 2 pork chops bone-in
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sambal pasta
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice the pork chop in half (butterfly) and stuff with slices of Président Brie.
- Sear the stuffed pork chops in a sauté pan for 4 minutes on each side. Then place them in the oven for 3 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil, sauté the onions, add the apples and cook for about 8-12 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the sugar and honey to the apples and cook until dissolved and caramelized. Add the vinegar and sambal paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Fold in the walnuts, place mixture on top of the pork chops and serve.
Sriracha can be substituted for sambal pasta in a pinch.
Chef Gavin Kaysen is executive chef and owner of two nationally recognized restaurants, Spoon and Stable in Minneapolis and Bellecour in Wayzata, Minnesota. He’s earned many of the culinary industry’s top honors, most recently winning the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest in 2018. Chef Kaysen serves as Team USA’s Vice President for the Bocuse D’or, the world-renowned culinary competition, in which the team took victory in 2017. Prior to opening his restaurants, he was chef de cuisine at Café Boulud in New York City, where he was the 2008 recipient of the James Beard Rising Star Award, and helped the restaurant earn a star from the illustrious Michelin Guide. Chef Kaysen has brought his renowned expertise to his partnership with Président Cheese since 2015.Learn more about Gavin Kaysen