Président Brie with Truffles & Honey
Let the unique, earthy flavor of black truffles mingle with savory Président Brie and sweet lavender honey in this perfect starter.
Prep Time5 min
- 8 oz Président Brie round
- 1/2 cup black truffles chopped
- Lavender honey
- Toasted bread
- Slice the Président Brie in half horizontally, creating two short wheels; smear honey atop each half.
- Top one Brie half with chopped truffles, then place the other Brie half on top.
- Serve at room temperature with arugula and toasted bread.
Chef Gavin Kaysen is executive chef and owner of Spoon and Stable Restaurant in Minneapolis, a 2015 James Beard Award Finalist for Best New Restaurant. Prior to opening Spoon and Stable, Chef Kaysen was chef de cuisine at Café Boulud in New York City, where he was the 2008 recipient of the James Beard Foundation’s coveted Rising Star Award. Under his leadership, the restaurant was also awarded a star by the prestigious Michelin Guide.Learn more about Gavin Kaysen