Président Brie with Truffles & Honey
Let the unique, earthy flavor of black truffles mingle with savory Président Brie and sweet lavender honey in this perfect starter.
Prep Time5 min
- 8 oz Président Brie round
- 1/2 cup black truffles chopped
- Lavender honey
- Toasted bread
- Slice the Président Brie in half horizontally, creating two short wheels; smear honey atop each half.
- Top one Brie half with chopped truffles, then place the other Brie half on top.
- Serve at room temperature with arugula and toasted bread.
Chef Gavin Kaysen is executive chef and owner of two nationally recognized restaurants, Spoon and Stable in Minneapolis and Bellecour in Wayzata, Minnesota. He’s earned many of the culinary industry’s top honors, most recently winning the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest in 2018. Chef Kaysen serves as Team USA’s Vice President for the Bocuse D’or, the world-renowned culinary competition, in which the team took victory in 2017. Prior to opening his restaurants, he was chef de cuisine at Café Boulud in New York City, where he was the 2008 recipient of the James Beard Rising Star Award, and helped the restaurant earn a star from the illustrious Michelin Guide. Chef Kaysen has brought his renowned expertise to his partnership with Président Cheese since 2015.Learn more about Gavin Kaysen