Salad with Brie
Don’t let its simplicity fool you! This salad is a delicate balance of distinct flavors. Creamy Président Brie complements the crisp apples and a citrusy zest is drizzled over the entire salad.
Prep Time15 min
- 6 Leaves of Green Leaf Lettuce washed and dried
- 3 oz Président® Brie peeled
- 3 tbsp Almonds chopped
- 1/4 Empire Apple sliced
- Orange Zest
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Arrange lead lettuce in a fanned position.
- Slice 1/4 of an Empire apple into 1/8 inch slices (remove core). Squeeze a bit of orange juice on apple slices to keep them from oxidizing.
- Arrange apple slices on lettuce leaves.
- With a sharp vegetable peeler, shave 3 oz. Brie on lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle with almond and 4-5 pieces of orange zest for garnish.
- To make dressing, combine canola oil, white balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, squeeze of fresh orange and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk ingredients together. Drizzle over salad.