Baked Président Brie with Shaved Prosciutto, Fig & Honey Jam
Forget the fireplace – warm up your next winter gathering with this rustic baked Brie starter wrapped in prosciutto.
Prep Time5 min
Cook Time40 min
- 8 oz Président Brie Round
- 5 slices prosciutto
- 1 package puff pastry store bought
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup fresh figs quartered
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lay the prosciutto down, then wrap around the Président Brie round.
- Wrap the puff pastry around the prosciutto-wrapped Brie, and bake at 425°F for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, cook the honey, figs and cracked black pepper for 10-12 minutes.
- Cut out one wedge of the baked Brie pastry, and top with a scoop of the fig marmalade. Serve with a spoon, as the delicious hot Brie will ooze out!
Chef Gavin Kaysen is executive chef and owner of two nationally recognized restaurants, Spoon and Stable in Minneapolis and Bellecour in Wayzata, Minnesota. He’s earned many of the culinary industry’s top honors, most recently winning the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef Midwest in 2018. Chef Kaysen serves as Team USA’s Vice President for the Bocuse D’or, the world-renowned culinary competition, in which the team took victory in 2017. Prior to opening his restaurants, he was chef de cuisine at Café Boulud in New York City, where he was the 2008 recipient of the James Beard Rising Star Award, and helped the restaurant earn a star from the illustrious Michelin Guide. Chef Kaysen has brought his renowned expertise to his partnership with Président Cheese since 2015.Learn more about Gavin Kaysen